Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dialogue

“I wasn’t sure if you would come.”
“I thought a lot about whether to come or not. I couldn’t turn you down, not this time.”
“How are you?”
“Fine. And you?”
“Do you expect me to answer that?”
“You haven’t changed, one wee bit.”
“You certainly have. Have put on a lot of weight.”
“You used to like me being fat, remember?”
*Smiles*
*Smiles*
“So?”
“Nothing.”
“Coffee?”
“No.”
“Weren’t you a coffee addict?”
“I was. And I am. But now, I’d say, is not the best time for a coffee.”
“Okay.”
“Why didn’t you call me?”
“Why didn’t you call me?”
“The last time I got your call, it was bad enough.”
“I’m sorry. Those were different circumstances.”
“How’s life now?”
“Work keeps me busy. At office, and at home.”
“How’re uncle and aunty?”
“Not in the prime of their health. Weak but strong.”
“Hmm. So?”
“Nothing.”
“Always wondered what’d have been the case if you had read that email I sent.”
“I was never good at reading emails. Still not there yet.”
“Okay then. See you.”
*Sighs*
*Sighs*
“Hey.”
“What?”
“Nothing.”
“That was not nothing, is it?”
“I have missed your presence in my life. Just wanted to tell you.”
“Famous last words?”
*Smiles*
*Smiles*
“Are you sure you want to leave now?”
*Sighs*
“I think I better…”
“When will I meet you next?”
“It’s a small world. There are a lot of railway stations and bus stations you can bump into me.”
*Laughs*
*Laughs*
“So?”
“Nothing. Don’t feel like saying goodbye.”
“Let’s part without the goodbye. Not like we’re doing it the first time.”
*Half smiles*
*Half smiles*

No comments: