Saturday, November 5, 2016

A Toast To Remember


Perched upon a rock so high,
watching down on the seas so sly.
I held in my right hand,
a glass of wine.
The final remnants
of a bottle of bliss
that was my friend for the night.

As I hold the wine in hand,
I’m reminded of what I miss.
The presence of me alone,
all but me, the stars and the sea
that means a world is absent for me,
on this starry night
as I stand
perched upon a rock so high,
watching down on the seas so sly.

Missing someone is precious,
a priceless feel hard to replicate.
He is a world away today,
yet he is so close.
So much close,
that I can feel his touch,
that I can smell his essence.
And coming he is indeed in the morn,
wait for me to join he said,
take me to places he said.
And toast me a memory
that we’ll cherish for life he said.

The tide was rolling in high,
as I flicked my hand to look at my watch,
I realized with a smile
that the time he arrived
was drawing nigh.

The sun will rise tomorrow,
and he’ll be here then.
And then as I promised him my love,
after the sun does set,
we’ll come together at this very vantage.
Perched upon a rock so high,
watching down on the seas so sly,
with a glass of wine in one hand of mine,
his fist of love gripped taut,
in the other.

The glass of wine in hand
was half empty.
Oh wait, allow me to correct,
the glass of wine in hand,
was still half full.

No comments: